Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have to pay sales tax if I sell my autographed baseball?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have to pay sales tax if I sell my autographed baseball?

NY

Do I have to pay sales tax if I sell my autographed baseball to a neighbor for 1200 dollars?
    I obtained the baseball 15 years ago when visiting the team one day with a friend.

I am not in the sales of items business in any way. Not a regular eBay seller or anything like that.

He says I may have to pay it but that seems odd to me, I never did it before selling the occasional item.

Re: Do I have to pay sales tax if I sell my autographed baseball?

I wish to inform you that you may claim exemption under occasional sales exception. Your state laws may determine your liability to collect and pay sales tax. However as your sales is a single transaction thus certain state like California allow occasional sales exception where sales are less then 3. You may thus be covered under exception based upon your state laws.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by Hannett View Post
      NY

Do I have to pay sales tax if I sell my autographed baseball to a neighbor for 1200 dollars?
      No.

Make sure you get all the money in full, in cash, at the time of sale.

Comment

As you are an unregistered one time seller you are not obliged to pay the sales tax.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
        X