Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Timeshare scam Panama / Dominican Republic

Write a letter of cancellation as soon as possible ( before 5 business days expire) and send it by double registered mail. Never have both partners (spouses) sign for the property. Eg. My wife signed, but they used my credit card. I had no contract, so I got my money back from the bahia principe deposit. Cancel your card immediately, and get a new card (within 24 hrs.) if possible.

Comment

This company is one of the most fraudulent developers ins the timeshare industry. The only thing you can do is cancel your timeshare contract. I recommend you to visit timesharescam.com, there is good information about these fraudulent companies.

Comment

Help us stop these crooks!

https://www.change.org/p/u-s-embassy...edium=copylink

Thank you

Mike

Comment

I wish to inform you that the courts and the law of the jurisdiction stated in your contract will have jurisdiction in this matter. You may serve a written notice on the other party. If they do not resolve the matter then you may file a lawsuit. The burden of proof in the court will be on you to prove the allegations and claims made by you

Comment

Originally posted by madiison View Post
            We all have experienced buyer’s remorse, but to buy timeshares that are ridiculously expensive and practically worthless, must be o
            ne of the most painful experiences for you and your pocket. However, there is always a bright side, and in this case, the bright side is that there is a way to get out of timeshare legally.
            How do you get out of the timeshare legally?

Comment

Can you please tell me how you did this? The stress of this is making me ill. Thanks

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              i had the same issue.
              disputed it with club melia and was able to convince them to reconsider.
              i did not get my deposit and three monthly payments though (roughly around 4k) but i guess its worth it to be relieved of the stress that i had with them.
              went theough the proper channels.
              got a good break when they provided me the evidence that i am looking for.

might work for you guys but not sure.
              i have a screenshot of the content of the email that they sent me and posted it here:
              http://clubmeliafalsemarketing.blogger.com

i also posted the list of agencies where you can ask for assistance.

kudos to bbb for helping me out.
              kudos to the department of tourism for persuading club melia to review my case.

good luck!

Comment

Please contact me and tell me how you did this. This is physically making me sick. I signed the papers under duress and had been drinking. The link that you have at the bottom of your post is no longer working. Thanks a bunch!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                i had the same issue.
                disputed it with club melia and was able to convince them to reconsider.
                i did not get my deposit and three monthly payments though (roughly around 4k) but i guess its worth it to be relieved of the stress that i had with them.
                went theough the proper channels.
                got a good break when they provided me the evidence that i am looking for.

might work for you guys but not sure.
                i have a screenshot of the content of the email that they sent me and posted it here:
                http://clubmeliafalsemarketing.blogger.com

i also posted the list of agencies where you can ask for assistance.

kudos to bbb for helping me out.
                kudos to the department of tourism for persuading club melia to review my case.

good luck!

Comment

Hi
                  I was scammed too in august 2017.which means they are still doing the same thing to hundreds of people. I want to bring a case action law suit against them any advice. We paid them almost $5000 but when i realized it was a scam i refused to pay any more so they are threatening to ruin my credit
                  Jackie

Comment

Hi
                    I was scammed too in august 2017.which means they are still doing the same thing to hundreds of people. I want to bring a case action law suit against them any advice. We paid them almost $5000 but when i realized it was a scam i refused to pay any more so they are threatening to ruin my credit
                    Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Michellejoi View Post
                      Please contact me and tell me how you did this. This is physically making me sick. I signed the papers under duress and had been drinking. The link that you have at the bottom of your post is no longer working. Thanks a bunch!
                      How many people sign these time share forms while hey are intoxicated on a supposed "free" vacation day by the sellers? The numbers must be huge !
                      Shouldn't that intoxication system they use itself be illegal and a reason t void any documents?

Comment

Hi all, we also ended up signing up with Bahia Privilege Club but after 2 business days and got back to Canada and got a bad news that I got laid off and without job we decided to cancel but they told us the closing cost is not refundable which is USD1275. Is that not really refundable? I'm reading the agrrement and I can't find where is says non refundable.

Can anyone help us with this?

thanks in advance.

Comment

Ask them to say where in the contract it states it is nonrefundable.

Also it does still depend on what they were telling you as well. What was your understanding?

There is a lot of outright fraud in those timeshare sales and you cannot be bound if fraud was involved.

Comment

Hello All!
                            I end up signing in summer 2018 at GBP in Punta Cana.
                            You know the process: high pressure, one day "deal", hiding fees, big lies, etc...
                            I wan to get rid since. The price in canadian dollars is almost 19000 in total.
                            I tried once to book a trip with them and it was 700$ can more expensive then expedia!!!!
                            It's a scam!!! They refuse to give me back my money. I will sue them!!! WE should create a group to sue them actually. They are criminals!

Comment

I think there would be a few of us!!

Comment

Is there a buyer's remorse law in Dominican Republic? I bought 4 days ago the legendary vacation program at Hard Rock Punta Cana, not what I expected!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X