USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IP Contract: Am I giving away my IP rights to the "company"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Contract: Am I giving away my IP rights to the "company"?

Hi, can anyone tell me if I am giving away my IP rights to the "company" here?

3.1 The Introducer shall:

(a) assist the Company to:

(i) prepare sales-orientated research and associated material for clients and prospective clients of the Company; and
    (ii) deliver and present such material to clients and prospective clients
    (“the Project”);

(b) provide, for use in conjunction with the Project, his works of authorship and research material that he has written and developed (“the Project Materials”) (and the Introducer hereby grants to the Company a worldwide, fully-paid up, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to all intellectual property rights in the Project Materials to the extent required for the Company to obtain the full benefit of this Agreement); and
    (c) perform such other duties in relation to the Project as may be mutually agreed from time to time.

Re: IP Contract: Am I giving away my IP rights to the "company"?

I wish to inform you that you are allowing your associates to have access to your intellectual property rights. You may be regarded have allowed use of such rights. It is mentioned that right and license to all intellectual property rights allowed by you specifically allows use of your intellectual property.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by Man Inmoon View Post
      Hi, can anyone tell me if I am giving away my IP rights to the "company" here?

3.1 The Introducer shall:

(a) assist the Company to:

(i) prepare sales-orientated research and associated material for clients and prospective clients of the Company; and
      (ii) deliver and present such material to clients and prospective clients
      (“the Project”);

(b) provide, for use in conjunction with the Project, his works of authorship and research material that he has written and developed (“the Project Materials”) (and the Introducer hereby grants to the Company a worldwide, fully-paid up, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to all intellectual property rights in the Project Materials to the extent required for the Company to obtain the full benefit of this Agreement); and
      (c) perform such other duties in relation to the Project as may be mutually agreed from time to time.
      In a word, "yes",you are giving the company rights to everything you develop while associated and working with and for them. The language does not give exclusive rights,however, so you would own your works jointly with the company.

This language is not as strong as it could be in intellectual property clauses I have seen in other contracts for in those the company asserts an exclusive claim to ALL the properties in the individual develops while working for them.

Comment

Does anyone think this does NOT mean I am giving away my IP? The "company" tells me the wording means that they only have rights to the Material I produce - not the ideas behind them. Does anyone agree with that reading of the text?

Comment

Actually, would anyone with legal training, care to suggest a sentence or two as alternatives, that would mean that all I am licensing is the USE of specific project materials (like presentations etc) that I have produced. Rather than the fundamental ideas behind them - that would be a great help to me.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X