Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film Distribution Termination Agreement

I have a distribution contract with a Canadian company for my film. The contract is due to end in a couple of months. Renewal is automatic if I don't send them an official communication. The thing is, they want to renew it and I don't. I am very unhappy with their work. So I keep sending them the cancellation contract and they keep saying they didn't receive it ("It didn't come", "We only received the last page", "There are some pages missing"). How do I get rid of them? I've sent e-mails stating I want to end the partnership but the contract says it should be by registered mail. I am about to send them another one - I will film with a camera my putting all signed pages in the envelope and delivering it to the Post Office clerk. Then I'll send it with a delivery confirmation, meaning that upon delivery someone in the company will have to sign it was delivered and received. Am I legally saved then? Even if they still say they didn't receive it? Thanks.

Re: Film Distribution Termination Agreement

ROFL. I suggest you hand deliver it with a witness and a signed receipt from them. It will be going from the US Postal Service via Canadian Post. That can be a mess because confirmations do not always work.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

I wish to inform you that you may take a photograph of the contents of the packet and the envelope cover. You may then proceed to get it delivered by US POST International Air Mail Registered Post. The weight of the packet will be shown on the postal receipt. CANADA POST will take signatures on delivery of the packet. You may also retain record of the tracking results. You may also take a delivery report from CANADA POST online. In this way you can prove if required that the film distribution termination agreement was supplied to the other party. If a fax number is available, you may fax an advance copy.

AFF

Comment

Thank you very much, AFFA. That's exactly what I'm going to do. I just wanted to make sure that, if I do that and they still come with their shenanigans and I move on anyway I'll be the winner if any legal problems ensue. That's what I wanted to make sure of. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for replying, Disagreeable. The thing is, I'm an abysmal amount of miles away from them (another Country) and hand delivery is out of the question. I thought about people I might know in Canada, but I know none in Ontario.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X