X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Mobile signal coverage problem, AND old phone return dispute

GA

We got T-Mobile service 3 days ago and at the same time traded in our phones for new phones, they gave us $820 for our old phones and the new ones cost $820 so it was an even trade. We signed up for the service, they told us we would have good coverage. We got home and the coverage was horrible with one or zero bars, so I called the store immediately and told them the situation and that we needed cancel and get our phones back or something. They assured me, "ok the manager would call me the next morning". I called again next day dec 24 and left another 2 messages (they were open the 24th) and never got a call back. I called again today and they said the only option was to bring the new phones back, cancel the service and they would pay us market value for our phones, which they say is $150.

I asked for our old phones back and of course they said they have already sent them away and they can’t retrieve them (really? 3 hrs after purchase--why would they do that when I called 3 hrs after purchase--shouldn't they have held the phones pending resolution). I said I called the SAME day we got the service, just a few hours after we got the service. They said so sorry we can’t do anything about it, only corporate can.

What can I realistically do about this? I am not satisfied with this situation at all!

Realistically?

Go get your $150 and find another phone carrier.

Comment

Zeegen, you can also sue in small claims court or file in arbitration according to their terms of service.

But usually their customer service is quite good so try to resolve it there first. Be a little persistent if you have to.

Comment

T Mobile is by far the best in customer service IMHO so do try to work with them first--

Comment

I agree that t-mobile will normally try to work it out - but IF they do not, haul them into arbitration, and that is not a place they really want to be despite the fact they put it in their contract:

Fairshake.com or usarbitrationcorp.com can both help you in arbitration for very low cost. Sometimes even for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            Zeegen, you can also sue in small claims court or file in arbitration according to their terms of service.

But usually their customer service is quite good so try to resolve it there first. Be a little persistent if you have to.

That shd be the first line of attack I agree---don't go running into a conflict when you don't need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeegen View Post
              GA

We got T-Mobile service 3 days ago and at the same time traded in our phones for new phones, they gave us $820 for our old phones and the new ones cost $820 so it was an even trade. We signed up for the service, they told us we would have good coverage. We got home and the coverage was horrible with one or zero bars, so I called the store immediately and told them the situation and that we needed cancel and get our phones back or something. They assured me, "ok the manager would call me the next morning". I called again next day dec 24 and left another 2 messages (they were open the 24th) and never got a call back. I called again today and they said the only option was to bring the new phones back, cancel the service and they would pay us market value for our phones, which they say is $150.

I asked for our old phones back and of course they said they have already sent them away and they can’t retrieve them (really? 3 hrs after purchase--why would they do that when I called 3 hrs after purchase--shouldn't they have held the phones pending resolution). I said I called the SAME day we got the service, just a few hours after we got the service. They said so sorry we can’t do anything about it, only corporate can.

What can I realistically do about this? I am not satisfied with this situation at all!

How did it work out?
              I am curious-- if you happen to be back here at the site. I have almost the same situation arghh

Comment

Hi, ultimately I was transferred to a senior account person and they did refund us for all.

It took a while but they did indeed resolve it. They were a bit annoyed with the local store. FYI. So sometimes the local person may not be 100% in line.

Comment

I did have to slightly threaten to go to arbitration.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)