Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a fax copy of contract signed by all parties always valid in the USA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a fax copy of contract signed by all parties always valid in the USA?

All other things being correct, is a fax copy of a contract signed by all parties always valid in the USA?

Not always.

For the record, very little is "always."

Comment

Care to elaborate?
      Not always...because...

Let's re-ask ---is it normally valid...

I think my point is clear I hope--the fax versus the original...

Comment

Usually it is valid if the parties intended it to be valid and it shows the agreement was made.

As our colleagues have noted before: However, exceptions to every rule exist. Conditions will vary from country to country, state to state and even agency to agency. In other words, as often as fax copies are considered legal documents and accepted as proof of a contract’s existence, there are exceptions.

Common sense states there can only be one original document, also referred to as a hard copy. Moreover, not all institutions, agencies, or establishments will accept a faxed or scanned copy of an original. This is mostly true for transcriptions or processes completed involving government agencies.

If you have any doubts, it is best to call and ask about the acceptance of fax copies as legal documents, in order to prepare ahead of time and not be unpleasantly surprised.

Comment

And losing the original e.g. is normally not a reason to invalidate a contract that was signed and agreed by all, and exists in fax form.

Comment

Originally posted by Chapman View Post
            Care to elaborate?
            Not always...because...

Let's re-ask ---is it normally valid...

I think my point is clear I hope--the fax versus the original...

There are times when a fax copy of a document would not be sufficient for all uses.

You really need to elaborate on what you are asking. Do you expect anyone to research all possible scenarios in all jurisdictions?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)