X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salesrep vs manufacturer who wont pay commissions

My state: Maryland , Manufacturer: California , Company/Owner: Taiwan
    I have an exclusive distributorship agreement with a manufacturer that I sell electronics through to my personal clients. The agreement states that I am to receive a commission from all my personal clients from the manufacturer. But the manufacturer/owner continually, sells to my client and doesnt give me a commission because he states he got the items which he sold to my client from a different manufacturer, and therefore doesnt owe me any commission. What can I do? I am new at this type of salesrep situation. I have other clients that are ready to purchase from this manufacturer but now I am in need of advice on what to do.... My agreement is in effect for about another 1 1/2 years. He has paid commission twice on this client, but has also sold to my client twice without paying commission, and the product that he sold clearly is competitive to the same type of electronics that I brought my clients to him to purchase in the first place. (for example tablets) He paid me for the first sale, which was a white-label tablet; then when the tablet was upgraded to the next version, he (still white-labeled) he claims that it came from a different manufacturer and therefore doesnt need to pay me. Plus he did the same thing with another product that was sold to my client from him. Thanks for any help.

Re: Salesrep vs manufacturer who wont pay commissions

I wish to inform you that ones an agreement has been entered then its terms and conditions have to be followed by both the parties to the agreement. In this regard when sale has been made but commission has not been paid to you then you may demand commission. You ca first send a demand notice to seller demanding your commission. If other party refuses then you can file a lawsuit and recover your commission.

AFF

Comment

Re: Salesrep vs manufacturer who wont pay commissions

Read the terms of your agreement or take them to an attorney to read. the manufacturer may be correct and likely is. Your recourse is to sue them in a Taiwan court.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X