Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I cancel  my contract with a supplier due to covid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I cancel  my contract with a supplier due to covid?

Michigan

Can I cancel my contract with a supplier due to covid?

The contract says nothing about covid or even force majeure?

But due to the virus we cannot continue.

Can I cancel my contract with a supplier due to covid?
    Sure. You can quit performing your contractual obligations any time you want to, for any reason. Just not without consequences, if that's what you're asking.

Comment

They claim they will sue for damages.
      We say it excused due to the pandemic,and in any case they canlikely find the suppliers somewhere else, though perhaps not easily.
      Our China factory closed and hasn't re-opened so there is nothing we can do ourselves really. It was always contemplated OUR factory would be the producer. Never that we had to go out and find another. To us this like if an earthquake hit or something--same thing.

Comment

Should have posted those important details up front. Would have made a difference.

It was always contemplated OUR factory would be the producer.
        "Contemplated" means nothing unless it was written in your contract the the product be obtained exclusively from one factory.

If your supplier can't deliver then the supplier has breached the contract. If the supplier can find another factory within a reasonable amount of time and provide essentially the same product then he is not in breach and you are obliged to continue performing.

The big questions: What is the product that you are selling? Is the replacement product essentially the same product? How much of a delay would there be if he finds a replacement product? How will that delay effect your business?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)