X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going into Business with a Partner

Hi everyone,

I'm going into business with a friend, and both of us are married (not to each other). I was wonderin what type of business arrangement will i be entering to best protect my interests, and how will i set up a system to solve problems in case of disuputes, death or divorce.

thank you

Re: Going into Business with a Partner

You can have a partnership or or shreholders agreement; see some samples and you will see all of the issues that you should think about. Hire counsel if large amounts of money are at issue.

Comment

Where abouts can i find these samples? This business is a low cost business, and right now, i'm trying hard to prepare myself with the legal aspects of the business before i seek any professional legal counsel, so i don't waste much time and money on it.

Thank you

Comment

you might also click on home at the top of this page and then see "Legal Forms"

Comment

Partnerships are like marriage, they either work well and you are happy for 40 years, or they fail and eventually your relationship ends. You are best served to have a shareholders agreement completed by a professional and ensure there are reasonable, agreed upon exit strategies so there are no hard feelings should the venture not succeed, Your friendship should then survive.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X