Leases (back out of or nulify a lease)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leases (back out of or nulify a lease)

Is there anyway to back out of or nulify a lease? I renewed a month back and found a better place id like to move to.

re: Leases (back out of or nulify a lease)

Hi: Review your lease and see if it has any terms that may support you and in any case ask the landlord to work something out--many will do something for you in medical situations or other emergencies...if there are any problems you could try to point those out as reasons for leaving as well; finally most landlords actually will not sue for the amounts owing after a broken lease, though they may try to report it to your credit agency; you are only liable until they re-rent it in any case so if you can find someone to take it, that may also help...

Comment

Does the facxt that i never met the landlord or have any witnesses sign on part of the landlord when the lease was switched over mean anything? I dont wanna be stuck here. Its killing my business. I ran the business for the last 8 months before we switched over and payed the lease. I want ot move this summer.

Comment

Normally no, if you indeed intended to sign. But he has to re-rent and you are only liable till then in the worst case.

Comment

I signed a lease for a suite in a building to start a new business in December and the lease payments were to start April 1st. In the agreement to lease the landlord was to fix two things. It is now April and one of the things which is quit and issue is still not fixed. I have told him that I was not paying rent until he fulfilled his end of the agreement. I feel that I do not owe him a full months rent but that it should be prorated for the time I have now had to wait for him to take care of the issue. Is this a recourse I can use, is there something else I can do or am I now in breach.

Comment

Normally it is best to pay and then sue him in small claims for the damage or diminished value.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X