•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Re: advice regarding cosigned loan verbal agreement in Florida

You have to have the lender agree or pay it off; but you can sue the co-signer in small claims

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest started a topic advice regarding cosigned loan verbal agreement in Florida

advice regarding cosigned loan verbal agreement in Florida

I helped a friend by cosigning a student loan about a year ago. The agreement was I would cosign, but he get the loan consolidated and remove me as cosigner.

He has not returned my calls in more than 3 months, not responded to emails, etc., etc. And he moved (he lives in Tallahassee, I live in Tampa). I know where he works, I just have to find out what branch, otherwise I have no idea where he is or how to contact him.

I just arrived home from out of state last weekend and had a delinquency notice from the Collections department regarding his loan being past due. When I called, they wouldn't talk to me (which I was irate about because technically I am on the loan).

I am paying what is owed tomorrow, but my question is, is there any way I can legally "make" him remove me as cosigner. I am pretty sure the Florida Statue of Limitations for verbal agreements is 4 years, or is this wrong?

Thank you to anyone who responds to this
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X