Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am being charged more then quoted verbel agreement.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am being charged more then quoted verbel agreement.

I know this is long but please let me know what you think.

I need some assistance. I contracted a company to work on my furnace, now they are trying to charge me more then the agreed upon price. That is the main legal point, the agreed upon price I was quoted on several occasions. Here is a modified copy of the last letter is sent to them.

Dear xxx,
    When your representative, xxx, called on me on November 2nd, she told me that I would need a new motor for my Lennox furnace. She wanted to verify with me that she would need to order a new motor for $150.00 and confirm that that would be ok. I did ask at that time what the bill was up to. xxx stated that xxx had two hours so far and stated that installing the new motor would take another two hours. When xxx arrived at my house to install a motor, I verified with him what work was being done and that we had two hours already, he was installing the new motor, that would be another two hours. Xxx then said he was going to look into the motor further while I was looking for the model number information. I asked xxx if this motor would work, he believed that it would. I told him that I did not have a choice since they were having trouble finding anything else. I left xxx outside to install the motor. I then went inside to see if I could find a manual online for my Lennox furnace, xxx was installing the motor at this time. It was xxx that came into my house and said that he was going to talk to someone in Hartington about my motor. When he decided to leave, I was still looking up information online when he left, I did give him what information I had found so far. I gave him possible model numbers but we were not able to find the exact number, he took the information and left. I talked to xxx again on November 22nd, and verified with her that the cost was two hours to troubleshoot, the cost of the motor, and two hours to install, this was again confirmed. However, the invoice I received showed the amount due as $454.88

Re: I am being charged more then quoted verbel agreement.

You may tak them to small claims if need be...you don't have to pay more than you agreed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X