Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Threatened subcontractor (termination of contract)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threatened subcontractor (termination of contract)

I am a subcontractor for Directv in Ohio. I have been threatened with termination for low responder rates. When receivers are installed, Directv calls the receivers and keeps track of the responder rate. Because most people do not have landlines these days, my responder rate has been low for myself and other technicians. We are being threatened with termination because of the low rate.This is completely out of my control. I believe this would be breach of contract if I was let go. Would I be able to sue for breach of contract if they terminated my contract.

re: Threatened subcontractor (termination of contract)

In this, the provisions of your contract will govern. If your contract mentions about the minimum responder rate then that rate should be achieved and if the responder rate is less than the minimum responder rate then directv can break the contract. However, if no minimum rate is specified then directtv will be liable for the breach of contract. Generally, commercial difficulty is not taken as an excuse for breach of contract. Hence, contract between you and directv cannot be broken.

AFF

Comment

What do you mean responder rate? What is that?

Comment

Find a local Dealer/Retailer in your area to do business with! Then you will not be governed by the rules of Direct TV MSO companies who do ther work for Direct TV. The Dealers are an entity of their own and pay more.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X