Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TAHSEEL -- Can I file a case against them instead?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: TAHSEEL -- Can I file a case against them instead?

i had emirate bank credit card that was 2004 and i used only one time but before i left the country i settled the amount around 1500-2000dhs. As company policy in UAE once you resign you need to take bank clearance and settled any outstanding any balance in order to have your visa cancellation and NOC. I left the count March 2004 and after few months i returned and work again in the country and everything is fine and no one disturb and calling to my phone for any legal depth collector. After 2 years again i resigned and make bank clearance and im cleared. 2010 when i decide to returned the country because i have new offer i stay again for almost 2 years and everytime i resigned and left the country i always do bank clearance and its cleared. 2013 i return again to the country but this is the worst thing happen they hold me to immigration and after 24hrs they put me in Ajman jail and stay there for 1 month and as per them that i have unsettled amount in the bank of emirates which i fully aware that is already settle because i got clearance from the bank the first time i left the country. They put me in the jail just clear my unsettled amount which the bank will take the insurance.. after 1 month in jail i work again in the country and i got police clearance certificate from dubai police. but right again fro tahseel hadaf legal consultant sending email to my current employer here in the philippines and asking to settled the overdue amount that which i dont know what is that.

i explain to him the situation i had that i already settled and already put me in the jail even there is no obligation for me.

is this people from this tahseel is legal or what because is not helpful and so rude.

Can i file against them.

Leave a comment:

• Friend In Court
    replied

Once you report them to the appropriate agencies you will put them on the defensive. Tell your employer it is an illegally acting company and to ignore any contacts from them -- that you have reported them to the police and also the Registry of Moneylenders.

Leave a comment:

• GuestsSingapore
    replied

Hi,
    Is that means they can still file a case against me in Singapore, even if Im still paying my loans and credit cards (although it below than normal)?
    Actually I am not afraid of them.. Im afraid to lose my job this is the only reason why my family is keep going on their normal life and I have 4 years old son depending on me.
    Advise please what should I do, what should I tell to my company?

Originally posted by Friend In Court View Post
    \

There is no law regulating debt collectors practices in Singapore as there are in the U.S. However, they may not breach criminal law, some actions of which you speak clearly are. Whisking you from SIngapore to Dubai is threatened kidnapping.

However, one may file a police report through the Electronic Police Center at spf.gov.epc or at any neighborhood centre post or even dial 999 if urgent assistance is needed. The police will investigate and if a crime has been committed they may have their license suspended or revoked by the Registry that licenses debt collectors.

You may also report their actions to the Registry of Moneylenders on 6325-1500.

There are enough officials who can take action, and far more severe than any remedy you might get through a civil case. Go get 'em.

Leave a comment:

• GuestsSingapore
    replied

Originally posted by Friend In Court View Post
    \

There is no law regulating debt collectors practices in Singapore as there are in the U.S. However, they may not breach criminal law, some actions of which you speak clearly are. Whisking you from SIngapore to Dubai is threatened kidnapping.

However, one may file a police report through the Electronic Police Center at spf.gov.epc or at any neighborhood centre post or even dial 999 if urgent assistance is needed. The police will investigate and if a crime has been committed they may have their license suspended or revoked by the Registry that licenses debt collectors.

There are enough officials who can take action, and far more severe than any remedy you might get through a civil case. Go get 'em.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY.
    QUESTION: ONE MAY FILE? MEANING THEY CAN FILE AGAINST ME HERE IN SINGAPORE? BUT DESPITE OF MY FINANCIAL CHALLENGES IM STILL ABLE TO REMIT A MONTHLY PAYMENT TO THEM. CRIME IS NOT APPLICABLE TO ME OR TO ANY BORROWERS AROUND THE WORLD. WE DID NOT KILL ANYBODY. DAMAGED HAS BEEN DONE ALREADY AND ALL MY COLLEAGUES KNOWS ALREADY MY SITUATION AND I REALLY FEEL EMBARASSED AND HUMILIATED.
    THIS AGENCY IS BASE IN SHAJAH UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, I ALREADY FILE A COMPLAINT IN CENTRAL BANK OF UAE AND NO REPLY AS OF THIS TIME.
    WHATELSE I NEED TO DO? BECAUSE THEY THREATENED ME THROUGH PHONE CALLS NOT IN EMAIL, HOWEVER I REPLIED BACK TO THEM AND HIGHLIGHT TO THEM HOW RUDE THEY ARE AND WHAT THIS INDIAN GUY TOLD ME OVER THE PHONE.

Leave a comment:

• Friend In Court
    replied

Originally posted by GuestsSingapore View Post
    Is there anyone there experience the something I had with tahseel.
    They are very RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!

They keep threatening me and the worse scenario is they did send an email to all my colleagues in my current work in Singapore and to all the officials.
    You cannot imagine the embarrassment Im feeling right now and humiliation!
    They keep saying also that they will take me here in Singapore and bring to Dubai to be in Jail.. Is that possible?
    Do they can file a case against me in Singapore?
    How can stop this Indian agents who keeps calling me and my office??
    Can I file a case against them instead?

Is there anyone there who can help us to fight back against this agency!!!!
    \

Leave a comment:

• AFFA
    replied
    re: TAHSEEL -- Can I file a case against them instead?

I wish to inform you that you may send a letter stating that you are being defamed and if they do not take correct measure for informing all concerned parties that they have made incorrect statements then you will take legal action. You may then file a lawsuit claiming compensation for loss of reputation suffered by you as restraining order on other party not to further defame you.

AFF

Leave a comment:

• TAHSEEL -- Can I file a case against them instead?

Is there anyone there experience the something I had with tahseel.
    They are very RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!

They keep threatening me and the worse scenario is they did send an email to all my colleagues in my current work in Singapore and to all the officials.
    You cannot imagine the embarrassment Im feeling right now and humiliation!
    They keep saying also that they will take me here in Singapore and bring to Dubai to be in Jail.. Is that possible?
    Do they can file a case against me in Singapore?
    How can stop this Indian agents who keeps calling me and my office??
    Can I file a case against them instead?

Is there anyone there who can help us to fight back against this agency!!!!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X