Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair Billing (Dubai, UAE)

I have been a good customer of a local lending institution here in Dubai and I have regularly paid up on my loans and my credit card. Last Oct 2012, i applied for a new loan to pay off my credit card outstanding balance. It got approved and i thought all my credit card blues were over after paying a fixed monthly sum for the loan. I was wrong because i was advised by the instituion last February 2013 that there was a measly balance left of AED 154.00 that i was not aware of because they were not sending me statements and those few statements they sent were blank and did not have any information in it. Basically, i had no idea i still owed them money because i thought everything was already taken cared of, otherwise i wiould have gladly paid it! The amount has since then grown to AED 2,015.00 and when i went to them and presented to them the facts to seek for a resolution to the problem i faced, they said they could not help and i still would have to pay the full balance.

Is there a way i can solve this problem other than paying them the full amount? Is there a government agency in UAE that can mediate in my behalf?

re: Unfair Billing (Dubai, UAE)

I wish to inform you that you can file a complaint with Central Bank of UAE. In this you may file a complaint could be filed either Online or by a visit to any of the Central Bank branches. Upon receiving the complaint, a reference number will be assigned to the complaint and the Central Bank will start immediately investigating the complaint with the concerned financial institution. The Central Bank will officially notify you of the result of its investigation.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X