USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check fraud Dubai... will the court still force me to pay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check fraud Dubai... will the court still force me to pay?

I was filed a case in the police for check fraud and was apprehended in the airport when I was about to the country. I have no means of paying the loan worth 87K as I currently do not have work (its actually 37k originally but the real estate charged me with additional fees and it summed up to that amount). For some reasons they have not filed any civil case against me yet but my passport is still with the police and of course I cannot leave the country. My question is, if they file me a civil case, how long will I be staying in jail for that amount? I am now opting for the jail time as I have really no means of paying them. Will I not be able to leave Dubai until I have paid that amount? and what if I really have no money, will the court still force me to pay while I am in jail?

I am looking forward to you response.

Thanks.

re: Check fraud Dubai... will the court still force me to pay?

I wish to inform you that it is up to the discretion of the bank/financial institution in Dubai to proceed under article 305 of the UAE Penal Law of 1970 or articles 246 and 710 of Federal Law No. 5 of 1985 (the ‘Civil Code’). The issuer of the bounced check may be punished by prison for a period not exceeding three years, or fine not exceeding 4,000 AED, or by these two penalties together. Under civil case, you cannot be put into jail, only all your assets can be taken over to pay off the creditor.

AFF

Comment

The minimum penalty for issuing a bounced cheque of any amount is one month in prison; this can exceed to a three-year sentence at most. However, that is the penalty given by the Criminal Court. The case can be brought before the Civil Court too, which deals with commercial disputes. “This court cannot issue a sentence, but aims to settle the dispute. Failure to clear a written cheque does not necessarily lead to imprisonment, as this further complicates the chances of providing a payment.

Comment

Maybe that is why they have not filed a case against me yet but until the case is filed and finished, I will not be able to leave the country. Should I tell them to file a case now so I can serve the penalty ASAP?

Thank you for your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by olly View Post
          Maybe that is why they have not filed a case against me yet but until the case is filed and finished, I will not be able to leave the country. Should I tell them to file a case now so I can serve the penalty ASAP?

Thank you for your replies.
          please contact me on [email protected] and can guide u re this

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X