Breach of contract (under Florida law)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breach of contract (under Florida law)

I am based in the UK. I signed a contract with a Florida based company, for providing service on their behalf. It had a 30 day cancellation clause, but they have cancelled with no notice, only 3 months into the contract.

Under Florida law, can they do this, or should they pay the 30 days notice as per the contract?

re: Breach of contract (under Florida law)

They appear to be in violation of their contract. Are you planning on flying to FL, filing suit, waiting for the court date, presenting your argument through the court process, obtaining a judgment, then pursuing collection of the judgment, before flying home?
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

re: Breach of contract (under Florida law)

I wish to inform you that you may serve a written notice to demand 30 days compensation. If the other party does not resolve the matter then you may file a lawsuit. You may self represent and request for hearing by telephone. Alternatively, you may appoint an attorney in Florida. You may demand damages and costs. However, the burden to prove your claims will be on you in the court. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X