X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card/Travel Ban in UAE

Hi,

I'm planning to leave UAE, but i still have credit card balance to pay. I'm a good payer ever since and has no intention of absconding my debt, i will still pay my monthly due from where i'm going, i just want to have an extra money but i wouldn't be able to do that if i pay my debt.

My question are:
    1) Will Dubai immigration allow me to leave the country even without paying the full balance of my debt?
    2) Will i have a travel ban?
    3) Will the bank freeze my credit card?

Please help

Re: Credit Card/Travel Ban in UAE

I wish to inform you that you can travel abroad if there is no credit card debt default. The action against the person is taken when there is a default. If you are paying then your credit card will work. If there is a default then credit card company can restrict your travel. Further in UAE there can also be imprisonment for credit card debt default.

AFF

Comment

Thank you. I am planning to leave UAE for good as I already found a new job in another country, but as i've said i've never defaulted a single payment, and the plan is, I will just send money to my friends and continue to pay all my credit card due. So i'm really hoping and praying that there won't be any travel ban imposed on me. Again, thanks.

Comment

Charge card businesses sometimes offer a type of insurance called payment protection. It guarantees a person's minimum payments will be made if they lose their job or can't otherwise pay. It seems a good idea, but it's really an expensive shell game that the consumer is likely to lose at.

Comment

i didnt pay my cc in dubai , i left uae 2 years back and they keep sending me emails, and last one was saying tht i will have international travel ban, blacklist in central bank and interpol case, can u plz explain in details everything, wht does it mean int travel ban, blacklist and interpol case??

Comment

Please refer the the posters other thread for responses.

http://www.legaljunkies.com/forumdeb...need-help.html

Originally posted by user1 View Post
            i didnt pay my cc in dubai , i left uae 2 years back and they keep sending me emails, and last one was saying tht i will have international travel ban, blacklist in central bank and interpol case, can u plz explain in details everything, wht does it mean int travel ban, blacklist and interpol case??
            Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X