• randalljd
    replied
    Re: Truth in Renting Act

They need to tell you.

Leave a comment:

• Chanel
    Guest replied

Also, will I be able to get the date when the next person rented the apartment from the complex or will I have to get a lawyer to get that information?

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied

That is true. He must act to minimize damages.

Leave a comment:

• Chanel
    Guest started a topic Truth in Renting Act

Truth in Renting Act

I broke my lease when I lived in Michigan and I am being told that I have to pay the full amount of rent for the rest of my lease. I am reading in the Truth in Renting Act that if you have to break your lease, each of you has a responsibility to minimize the cost to each other. Your landlord has a duty to actively seek a new tenant for the rental unit and cannot charge you for rent after he or she has found a new tenant. When I talk to the collector about this, she said that this isn't true according to Michigan law. I want to clear this from my credit, but I don't want to pay the full amount. Please help!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X