Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was sent a collections bill after car got repo

I just got a collections letter for the balance remaining for a repo vehicle the auto finance company charged off the balance on my credit and now they sent me to collections. My question is can they garnish my wages and if so how far can they take this? What can I do to dispute this? What are my rights as well?

Re: I was sent a collections bill after car got repo

They have to sue you first but then in most states can garnish--and can attempt to collect assets.

Comment

Thank you! So they can do this even after they charged off the balance on my credit? Do I have any rights or options?

Comment

You can threaten bankruptcy to cause them to negotiate. Often they will not actually sue anyway.

Comment

my car was repo and almost two years ago. now they want to put a lean on my home what can i do

Comment

They have to sue you for the deficiency first.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X