USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I owe former company for payroll error?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Re: Do I owe former company for payroll error?

I am also quite worried about a similar, yet slightly larger, problem. I left my job to travel, upon return I have discovered that my old work place did not take me off payroll and I now owe the company a substantial amount of money, a lot of which I have spent unknowingly. Considering the magnitude of the sum of money, is there a chance I will encounter legal problems?

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Re: Do I owe former company for payroll error?

you do need to repay if you agree it is an error; you can however argue hardship in having to pay all or any substantial portion--saying that it was their mistake after all, and you spent it w/o realizing it was in error, and paying back now would be difficult...they often will not sue or take any further court action in these cases but will try to work something out. They may even settle on a partial amount.

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest started a topic Do I owe former company for payroll error?

Do I owe former company for payroll error?

My job closed down and I was sent 2 checks after I left. The company calls back a week later and says that they made a mistake and now they tell me I need to cut them a check for the extra amount. The checks were both signed and were completely legitamate. They came a week apart and I cashed both of them. Aside from the ethical problem of keeping the money, what does the law say?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X