Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• money taken from bank account / joint bank account with my husband

My husband got into financial trouble with pay day loans, he had to close down our joint bank account (I was listed on the account but I have never written a check on this account in the 4 years that he has had it), I have a personal account with this same bank. My husband made arrangements to repay the bank a balance of $650.00 with monthly payments the lady that handles these kinds of problems said that was fine and she would close the account out since he came to them on his own and agreed to make payments. Since then they have taken all the money out of my account right at $500.00, this has caused money problems for me, all my checks that had not cleared the bank have been returned unpaid and I have been charged nsf fees by the creditors. The bank has not charged nfs fees. They didn't notify me of this at all, but I had bank online and I always check my account daily. Today they took the last little bit so i have nothing left, they closed my account down and I was never notified, please help is this legal. Thanks

re: money taken from bank account / joint bank account with my husband

Which bank was involved? Any withdrawal that you did not authorize has to be returned if you object to the bank--unless the same bank was the lender to you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Which bank was involved? Any withdrawal that you did not authorize has to be returned if you object to the bank--unless the same bank was the lender to you as well.
      It was American State Bank, there was no loan involved, these were personal bank accounts.Thanks

Comment

The bank has to return it if you say you did not authorize it!

Comment

Those other replies are WRONG. Although this was not nice - since they agreed to payments from your husband - this is legal. If your name is on both accounts, then yes, the bank can legally take what is owed them from another account that you have. Called 'right of offset'. Now I wonder if the reply I received from my posting a few days ago was right...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X