Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I liable for damages after repossession?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I liable for damages after repossession?

After our Chapter 7 BK was discharged, we decided to keep one of our vehicles without ever signing a reaffirmation agreement, we just continued to make the lease payments. The vehicle has since had major mechanical problems and is not running. In an effort to save money for the repairs the payments have fallen behind and The Bank sent a letter saying that the vehicle is going to be repossessed due to non-payment for the last two months.

I know that the bank has not been reporting the on time payments for the last year on my credit. So my question is:

Am I liable to see that the vehicle is back in the working condition it was when I leased it, or can I tell them to come get it, as is, without later recourse by the bank to repair the vehicle?

Re: Am I liable for damages after repossession?

Yes normally if it was a lease, but was there not a warranty or some type of coverage?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X