Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal loan: There are no documents at all. Am I still obligated?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal loan: There are no documents at all. Am I still obligated?

Many years ago my then wife and I took a personal loan from her father. We have since divorced and I have been paying the loan back by myself for 2 years. In september 06 I wrote a check and in the memo I put "loan paid in full" and it was cashed. I have requested the loan documents for over 2 years. He cannot find any paperwork with any signatures of any parties involved. There are no documents at all. am I still obligated? I have many medical bills I need the money for.

re: Personal loan: There are no documents at all. Am I still obligated?

You are if you agree money is owed; but you need not pay if there is no real way to know if you owe or not.

Comment

re: Personal loan: There are no documents at all. Am I still obligated?

No idea the amount owed.he never sent a receipt of any sort. i'm sure it can be figured out though.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X