Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this legal? (a contract with LFG in Chicago)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this legal? (a contract with LFG in Chicago)

I'm in Texas. Back in 2000 I entered into a contract with LFG in Chicago, it was for 4 year and could not be cancelled. It does not state in the contract that I will recieve any equipment to process credit cards, I could go to Authorize.net, but LFG insist I recieved equipment. After six months of not getting any answers on what equipment I was going to get, I sent them a letter in Dec. 2000, stating I was not going to pay them anymore and put a stop payment on my bank account. Still no response from LFG. So my account went to collections in 2001. Nothing happened with that. On Feb 12, 2010, 9 years later LGF debited my account $564.18! It put my account in the negative. I called my bank and let them know I did not authorize this debit. I also called LFG and no one could give me any info, I just have to wait for their Legal Dept. to call me back, while I get NSF fees! Can they legally do this? I thought once it goes into collections, they sell their rights to collecting on bad debt. What can I do? Please help!!

Re: Is this legal? (a contract with LFG in Chicago)

What about the statue of limitations to collectect on the debt also.

Comment

The statute of limitations for collecting on this debt has long since expired.

You must consult an attorney who specializes in Consumer Protection. You must also file a complaint with the Fair Trade Commission over this. They stole money out of your account. You did not authorize this and there was no garnishment in place.

Sue them. They are begging for it.

Comment

My bank was able to get back the money, but I'm going to seek legal advice on this one.

Comment

Do a google search for "LFG sucks". It is not a great title (professionally) but it has good info. Not all the steps in their process worked for me. But in addition to the posts here write a letter to the Illinois Attorney General's Office (name address on their page). I've got a pre-trial confrence on 19 March 2010 in New York Civil Court. I've since been told their Headquarters is in Delaware. So maybe the Delaware AG 's Office might be better. LFG Attorney pointed out that the "contract" (if that' what you want to call it) that tey can sue you in any forum they choose (thus NY). I live in Alaska go figure! I'm sure if I lived in NY they'd choose California.
          Do a BBB complaint too!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X