Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting Debt 4 Lease on Minor not on Contract

In the Texas/or any State for that matter, is it not illegal to allow a 17 yr. old to sign lease agreement on apartment if their not emancipated? I thought you had to be 18. Any input would really help, I'm asking this because I know I need to Dispute this debt on my credit report I recently discovered. These apartments my ex-boyfriend& I lived in back in 2006 are trying to collect $6,000 from me when I have proof that its my ex's name on the lease I had signed as an occupant only! I even still have the eviction papers they left on the door addressed to him. So should I write a letter to them and tell them my age at the time and a copy of those letters, Or anything else?

Re: Collecting Debt 4 Lease on Minor not on Contract

No. Do not communicate with the collection agency.

Consult with an attorney who specializes in Consumer Protection.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X