X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing a checking account - time frame

Indiana.

I received a letter from the court via a Law firm that also went to my employer and my bank. It is asking for information on me (like if I work at the place and for my bank all my accounts that I may have there). It also stated to my bank to immediately freeze my bank account and any joint accounts.

The judgement letter was dated on 15th, but I received it on the 26th. I thought my account would be frozen with 24 hours, but it is about 1 week later and it is still not.

One other note: I did settle my debt with this law firm on the 25th. So, it appears that the motion/judgement "crossed" in the mail.

The law firm said that more than likely my account will be frozen, but not for long since I have paid off the debt.

I just want to have some peace of mind...so how long does it take (typically) for a bank for freeze an account, once they receive one of these "judgements".

Thank you.

Re: Freezing a checking account - time frame

Usually, they have to give you at least 10 day's notice that they are freezing your account.

They can not freeze the account(s) for any longer than 15 days. If I were you, I'd empty the accounts while you still can.

Comment

Re: Freezing a checking account - time frame

Have you called your bank and asked them if they received notice of the settlement? If not, send a letter to the law office formally requesting that they send correspondence to your bank that your debt has been paid.
      http://bidsfromlawyers.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X