Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex-wife not paying agreed upon debt. We live in Florida.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-wife not paying agreed upon debt. We live in Florida.

My husband and his exwife agreed to split all their debts before their divorce was final. He paid all of his before divorce was final. She did not, and they were listed in the divorce paperwork (her agreed upon debts). She is not paying. We are now getting calls from a collection agency, and they say that the divorce papers are not a legal way to seperate the debt, and that since my husband has means of paying he is responsible. We live in Florida, they did not use a lawyer for the divorce. The loan was taken out at least 10 years ago. Help? Thanks.....

re: Ex-wife not paying agreed upon debt. We live in Florida.

You can take her back to court for contempt on the divorce court order but as to the creditors you are often still liable until she acts and resolves the debts.

Comment

re: Ex-wife not paying agreed upon debt. We live in Florida.

We're still looking to resolve this, hopefully without taking her to court, but if necessary, we will. The debt is for a car they purchased and then took back to the dealer when life happened and they were struggling. The debt is supposed to be the difference between what they owed and what the dealer sold it for. Neither my husband or his exwife seem to have any of the paperwork and don't know if they were ever contacted by the courts. Because this is a car, and not credit card debt, is there a case with the SOL? We live in Florida and actually met with a lawyer just to try to get some questions answered. He was not very helpful other than being honest that it would cost a lot of money to hire him. When we asked about the SOL he didn't seem to think it would apply.... help? Thanks.....

Comment

Re: Ex-wife not paying agreed upon debt. We live in Florida.

Double post. Please go to:

http://www.legaljunkies.com/forumdeb...me-advice.html

Comment

Re: Ex-wife not paying agreed upon debt. We live in Florida.

Forum administrator: You revived a post that is close to 4 years old. Is there any need to call attention to the fact that the OP double posted at this late date?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X