Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate Dispersment Runaround

I don't know what to do about this situation but it is extremely frustrating and something doesn't seem right. My grandfrather died on October 5, 1994. On July 26 of 1995 a value was given for the estate in which my Aunt was the Executor. The estate valued at $70,491.86. I was heir to 25% due to my father being deceased. On February 26, 2004 my other Aunt sued the executor because she had not received her portion yet. On September 22, 2004 my Aunt - Marsha (executor) met with me and we signed a contract that stated she owed my $12,802.38 stating "together with interest theron from date hereof until maturity at the rate of six percent (6.00%) per annum; matured, unpaid principal and interest shall ber interest at the rate of ten percent (10.00%) per annum until paid. I have no idea what that means by the way, but we also agreed that she would make payments of $247.50 for 60 payments on the 22nd of each month. She has been on time maybe three times since October of 2004. In June of 2005 my aunt sent me a letter stating that the estate still owed a lawyer $8,242.50, in which my share of the bill was $2,060.63. I have tried to contact the lawyer that was on the bill she sent with the letter, but no one will return my call. I just don't think this is right. Also her husband has yelled at me on the phone calling my a money hungry B**** and that I am greedy. I don't see how this could take over 10 years to be resolved and I don't understand a bill from an attorney 10 years after the value of the estate had been established. please help me figure out if this is some kind of case to persue. I don't want to waste the court system. Thanks.

Re: Estate Disbursement Runaround

Something is wrong. Sue her in small claims for the payments currently due, and subpoena all documents and records, lawyer bills etc.

Or WLD could do it for you.

Comment

Re: Estate Dispersment Runaround

I was told by a family lawyer friend to go to a probate lawyer. Is this the same thing as small claims court? Is it wrongfull for an executor to not pay the beneficiaries their portion on time? (especially if they have had over 10 years to pay it?) thanks again.

Comment

Re: Estate Dispersment Runaround

Not the same but may also help

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X