Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outstaning medical bill

I am a US permanent resident. My mom came to NYC to visit me and was assaulted on the street and had to go to the hospital with a hip fracture. She did not have insurance. Now we have a bill on her name. And it is already in collections.Would it affect my credit history if my name is not on the bill and my mom is permanently living overseas? When my mom got her visa in the embassy 5 years ago, I had to send my tax return. Also, would it be a problem for her to get another visa to USA if she has an outstanding medical bill? thank you so much!!

If the bill is not in your name, then it should not affect your credit report. But it would be useful to see the debt collection letter, to confirm that, and also to ensure that there are no FDCPA violations. Please fax the debt collection letter, in confidence, to World Law Direct at 866-827-4050 and put it to the attention of FDCPA Lawyer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X