USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to choose Low cost bankruptcy lawyers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Natashabell View Post
    Everything comes with a price and nothing comes free. A bankruptcy lawyer will give you legal advice, will make the paperwork regarding the bankrupt situation and help you come out from the bankrupt situation. But, a good lawyer always takes the remuneration on the service provided. So, you need to think very cautiously on how to select a lawyer.
    If your family income is less than 125 percent of the federal poverty guidelines, you may qualify for free services through Legal Aid or Legal Services Corporation. These nonprofit organizations provide civil legal services for people of very modest means. Their income requirements are pretty strict, but if you’ve been out of work for a while, are disabled, or on public assistance, it’s worth a look. Bar associations in larger cities often have pro bono attorney projects the provide low cost or no cost services to people who qualify according to income, employment, or medical status. Each program has its own criteria and availability of bar members willing to provide pro bono services. Your local bar association will also have a referral service. If you call or inquire online, they will provide you free of charge with a list of members who practice the specialty you seek.

or else.,

Individuals can file bankruptcy without an attorney, which is called filing pro se. However, seeking the advice of a qualified attorney is strongly recommended because bankruptcy has long-term financial and legal outcomes.

Comment

Call around and talk to 4 or 5 lawyers. You will get an idea of price.

Comment

I would like to get a free one, is that possible somehow?

Comment

Typically, the more complicated the bankruptcy case, the higher the cost of hiring a bankruptcy attorney. However, if your case is simple, you should have affordable options to help you file for bankruptcy.
          The best approach is to try to find the most affordable attorney possible, while also remembering the importance of choosing a reputable bankruptcy attorney
          As with any consumer choice, the cheapest might not always be the best. Going for a bargain can often lead to more expenses. This could be one of the times ”You get what you pay for.”

There are ways and options to find a cost-effective attorney, though it might not always be easy. Some of the places to look include:
          • The state bar association.
          • The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
          • The American Bankruptcy Institute website.
          • Your local bankruptcy court.
          • An online help from bankruptcy associations.
          • The payment plan is offered in Chapter 13.
          • Legal aid.
          • Legal clinics.
          • Finding the best option: An attorney who will work pro bono, or for free.

Comment

I started a filing by myself but was quickly overwhelmed.
            I had to hire counsel for 1600 bucks.

Comment

Yikes, I can't afford that, that's why I am IN bankruptcy.

Comment

My lawyer charged my sister 1200 for a CH 7 last month and she did a great job, if that helps you at all.

Comment

That seems to be about the going rate in these days,At least as long asWe don'tHead into a steep recession.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexus View Post

If your family income is less than 125 percent of the federal poverty guidelines, you may qualify for free services through Legal Aid or Legal Services Corporation. These nonprofit organizations provide civil legal services for people of very modest means. Their income requirements are pretty strict, but if you’ve been out of work for a while, are disabled, or on public assistance, it’s worth a look. Bar associations in larger cities often have pro bono attorney projects the provide low cost or no cost services to people who qualify according to income, employment, or medical status. Each program has its own criteria and availability of bar members willing to provide pro bono services. Your local bar association will also have a referral service. If you call or inquire online, they will provide you free of charge with a list of members who practice the specialty you seek.

or else.,

Individuals can file bankruptcy without an attorney, which is called filing pro se. However, seeking the advice of a qualified attorney is strongly recommended because bankruptcy has long-term financial and legal outcomes.
                    I think that is tough to do by yourself with bankruptcy; it's just too complicated.

Comment

I can't see why there is not a flat fee by law for CH 7??

Comment

The lawyers protectionist guild that's why!

Comment

Frankly 1500 or so is not unreasonable considering all the work that is involved, and you will see if you go through the process that it is not easy and it takes a lot of time for the lawyer

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X