USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATM fraud... what to do legally or otherwise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATM fraud... what to do legally or otherwise?

I bank with firstbank nig plc. I used my ATM card on another bank(ZENITH nig plc) to make withdrawal on 19-mar-2013, i made three drawings of N20,000(twenty thousand Naira) each which amount to a total of N60,000(sixty thousand Naira) on trying a fourth withdrawal of N20,000(twenty thousand Naira) was not successful as the Machine was out of cash. But my bank account has been debited of the fourth unsuccessful transaction which i did not receive cash for. I reported to my bank, i was asked to fill form on this issue that my account would be refunded when the issue is resolved, last two weeks makes the fourth time i have reported the same issue to them but nothing has happened, Am seeking for advice on what next to do legally or otherwise? Thank you

Re: ATM fraud... what to do legally or otherwise?

I wish to inform you that you can first send a written notice to banks head office or if there is any grievance office then to them so that it may be resolved. If matter is not resolved then you can file a lawsuit and seek order from court. Further there is banking Ombudsman in Nigeria to whom a complaint can be filed. Generally ATM machines have CCTV video and you may demand that video must be retained.

AFF

Comment

Re: ATM fraud... what to do legally or otherwise?

thankyou Sir, i will write to their head office.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X