Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does my wife's filing for bankruptcy affect our divorce which has just started?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does my wife's filing for bankruptcy affect our divorce which has just started?

Does my wife's filing for bankruptcy affect our divorce proceeding, which has just started?

It won't significantly delay the divorce will it?

See the following search results. Numerous resources have answers to that question.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=bankruptcy...gs&t=hk&ia=web

Comment

Hmm I am even more confused.

Which one is delayed, bankruptcy or divorce then?

Comment

Probably divorce. Bankruptcy follows a timetable during which filings and rulings generally have to take place. Divorces can potentially be completed rather quickly if there are no disagreements regarding division of assets. But if those assets are potentially part of the bankruptcy estate, the divorce is on hold until the bankruptcy runs its course.

However, as with anything in life, things might go awry and the reverse occurs depending on the circumstances.

Comment

Yeah the divorce judge worked around the bankruptcy court on every issue. They came first it seemed.
          Not that that was such a bad thing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)