Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New options for getting rid of student debt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New options for getting rid of student debt?

Does a consumer bankruptcy these days allow any options for getting rid of student debt too?
    I used to read generally not but then some imply there are some ways or something, it;s not clear to me now.

Absent extreme hardship, it generally is not dischargeable in bankruptcy at this time but stay tuned if the dems win the election.

BUT if they allowed such debt to be discharged millions would probably file and that was part of the reason they exempted student debt. It would be just too easy to get rid of a huge debt that many have. A debt they probably should have thought more about when incurring it.

Comment

Write your congressperson.
      Eliminate student debt now!

Comment

It certainly is worth keeping a close eye on it.
        It's a ripe political issue right now.

Comment

I didn't really hear Biden [pushing that issue much this week??

Comment

There was a new court case last week that made proving hardship and discharging debt easier.
            The trend seems to be toward ending the hard and fast rule that you cannot discharge student "no matter what".

Comment

My review of that case seem to show it is very limited.

I would not count on any big change in policy yet.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)