Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owning property after bankruptcy -- debtor's discharge

Hello. My home is currently under my FIL's name. He is wanting to transfer the home over to my husband and me. I filed ch 7 in TN last year. Am I supposed to wait a certain time afterwards to have propoerty in my name? I was thinking that it is one year, but I am not sure if that is one year after the filing or the disbursment date?????

Thank you!!

re: owning property after bankruptcy -- debtor's discharge

Typically, a request to revoke the debtor's discharge must be filed within one year of the discharge or, in some cases, before the date that the case is closed. The court will decide whether allegations that hid property etc. are true and, if so, whether to revoke the discharge. So many people do wait over a year...to avoid any issue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X