Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My brother is the small claims judge in our town.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brother is the small claims judge in our town.

NY
    Will that stop him from hearing my case against a neighbor.

I wish to inform you that either you or your neighbor may make an application in court that matter should not be herd by your brother as he may not be free and fair in making decision. Your brother may also recuse himself from hearing the case on the ground that he knows a party to the litigation. Your case may then be assigned to some other judge.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by 3 TARQ View Post
      NY
      Will that stop him from hearing my case against a neighbor.
      It would be a good idea to ask your brother about that before you file. Could save you time, effort, and money, rather than have to file twice if you have to go to another town.

Comment

If there is another judge available, and then sometimes there may not be, many judges would pass the case to another judge if the relative is so close as a brother of one of the parties. Especially if a party wants the change.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)