Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The tax office says I can not file for lost title (purchased a car)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tax office says I can not file for lost title (purchased a car)

I purchased a car from a man who owns a mechanic / tire shop, 02/11/05. He obtained the car because the woman who owned it passed away. Her son wanted to fix the car, so he took it to the mechanic. This man fixed the car and the son could not pay for the fees, so he gave the mechanic the car instead. I bought the car with a signed receipt from the mechanic. He said he had filed for lost title on the car and it would be in shortly. Then later he had a different excuse. Now he says he has trouble getting a hold of the son to get the title. It has been over two years. What can I do. The tax office says I can not file for lost title, only the son can, or the mechanic would have to file for a mechanics lean. I am from Texas

re: The tax office says I can not file for lost title (purchased a car)

You can drag them into court if need be and sue for damages and ask the judge to order that title be given you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X