USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pet ownership: Is there anything I can do to keep my dog?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet ownership: Is there anything I can do to keep my dog?

I live in Mississippi and I was given a dog by my friend 3 years ago. She found the dog on her property and assumed it was a stray since it was matted and in bad shape. Now 3 years later there is a person who's called me and says someone told him I had the dog and he wants it back. The dog was about 1 year old when I got him and like I said I've had him for 3 years. I told him if he could prove the dog was his that I would be glad to pay him for the dog but no he says he wants him back. Help! Is there anything I can do to keep my dog.

re: Pet ownership: Is there anything I can do to keep my dog?

If it was given to you they cannot ask for it back; they would have to prove it was not a gift and that they had said you would need to give it back.

Comment

The problem is that the person that found the dog and gave me the dog is not asking for him back. It's a guy that claims it was his dog in the first place and that the dog got lost after his wife left him and moved into her mothers house. The dog was lost from there. Does he have a claim since he only had the dog 10months and I've had it for 3years? I've offered to pay him for the dog if he thinks it is his but he says he wants the dog back.

Comment

he has some right but a court will very possibly side with you, and he needs proof it was his and may not have any proof--

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X