Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-girlfriend took my computer and other possesions

My ex-girfriend recently vacated our shared place of residence. When she moved she took with her an Alienware computer. Now, I was out of state when this occurred. The computer in question was purchased in August, and I am in possession of all of the paperwork associated with the purchase. The reciept for this computer lists me as the "buyer" and also lists me as the individual to ship to. She is listed under "bill to." Now, this computer was purchased as a gift for me, to my specifications. At the time of purchase there was no agreement (written, verbal or otherwise) for repayment. I was led to believe that she was purchasing this as a gift. In good faith that this was a gift, I sold my old computer. Since she has moved I have been in contact with her several times and she claims that she will only give the computer back to me if I pay her the remaining balance on the credit card that she used to purchase the computer. I offered to pay the balance, but would only pay it directly to the credit card company. She has refused to provide that information to me, stating that I had to pay her directly.

Now, I am a graphics artist and that computer is my sole basis of income. It contains approximately $600 worth of hardware upgrades and approximately $5,000 worth of software that is licensed solely to that computer. It also contains work in various stages of completion that represents approximately $600 worth of verifiable income. I would like to take her to small claims court so that I can get my computer back. Do I have a case against her, and if so can I also sue her for damages?

She also took with her a 14" LCD monitor that is registered and warrantied under my name, approximately 50 dvd's that I purchased and she is also still in possession of the diamond engagement ring that I purchased (she was the one that broke off the engagement). I have proof of purchase/registry for all items but the dvd's. Can I attempt to collect them and will I stand a chance (some of the DVD's are very rare and took me a long time to find)?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X