Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEWARE OF BUYING CARS FROM "OWNERS"

Hello, about two months ago I bought a car, and the person I bought the car from, told me there wasn't any problems with the car, then, I went to the DMV to register the car, but when i was trying to, they told me that I could not register the car under my name, because the car was bought at an auction and it was suposed to be taken out of the country - apparently, the car can be register anywhere else but California according to a new law?- I talk to the person I bought the car from, and he told me that it was just matter of time and that they were going to do all the paperwork, they told me to wait for 2 to 3 weeks (I did) and then they told me that they couldn't do anything and that I should wait one more week. I waited more than 7 weeks total and they couldn't do a thing, so I claimed the money back, and they ask me to give them 10 days to get the money and it's been two more weeks now, and I just don't know what to do, to get my money back, should I suit them? or should I file a claim in the DMV? please, I need some advice!! thanks!!!

Re: BEWARE OF BUYING CARS FROM "OWNERS"

I wish to inform you that the person who sells the car has the responsibility to transfer ownership. Basically selling is transfer of ownership from one person to another. Hence, when the person sold you the car then he is assumed to have the authority to sell the car. At present, after the car was sold the seller has failed to transfer the ownership. You can file a suit against the seller for breach of duty under contract. In this you can claim amount paid by you. Alternatively, you can also fill the Record of Complaint Form and submit to DMV. You can also give a legal notice to the seller about your intention to take legal action in case the seller does not refund you the amount within specified time.

AFF

Comment

Re: BEWARE OF BUYING CARS FROM "OWNERS"

Thank you very much!!! I had an idea of what to do, but I wasn't sure about it, I really want to avoid this. I'm supossed to meet with this person tonight, they came up with news that the papework did come trough, and that the car it's already register, I don't know if is under my name now ?), but I told them that I was ready to suit them, and that I wanted my money back, I will accept 1/2 of the money tonight( $2150.00) and then I'll give 2 more weeks for the rest, and I'll return the car when I have all of my money back ($4,300), they accepted??, but I don't have to trust them anymore, right?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X