Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need advice urgent (bought a salvaged car)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice urgent (bought a salvaged car)

Hi, my name is Sarah and i live in a very small town called Keyser WV. First i want to apologize for this being sooo long but i wanted to make sure no detail was left out because it is all very important. On dec 18th 2009 my fiance Jason bought a salvaged car off of this boy for $800. It was suppose to be for parts only to fix up another car he has just like it. The boy wrote Jason out a bill of sale with the amount he sold the car for stating sold as is for parts only. After farther looking at this car hes decided that he wants to just fix it up and get it on the road because its too good of a car to just use for parts. The boy had originally told Jason if he wanted the title he would have to order it because he only has a copy. Jason came too find out this boy had a $390 lein on the car with g&g auto. Jason spoke with g&g and was told they would sign the title over to him if he paid the $390. Not wanting to pay this boys debt Jason went to the police and they called this boy up and told him if he didn't pay his lein they would have to do an investigation on the car. Well the boy took care of it and now has the title but refuses to sign it over to jason. Since Jason is wanting to just put the car on the road instead of using it for parts this boy is now telling Jason he wants another $400, and if he doesn't give him that $400 he's not handing over the title. We spoke to police again and Jason was told not to give him another dime. The police said that by law he has 60 days to sign over the title then Jason can take him to court. We past this information to this boy who responded with "If you take this any farther i will burn the title and i have a plan to get the car back" we have everything he said saved on text message. The boy also said he has already spoke with the town judge and was told that because he wrote "sold as is for parts only" Jason can not win the the case and all he would get out of it is court costs. According to everyone we have talked to you can not sell a car without providing the title even if it is for parts only and this boy can not ask for more money just because jason now wants to put this car on the road. I mean Jason bought the car so he should be able to do whatever he wants with it. This boy is causing so much trouble for us because Jason is having to use my car and is unable to get a job because i need my car. Jason is behind on his bills and REALLY needs to get a job so he can get his life back on track and this boy is keeping this from happening. This boy has Jason scared to file a claim now because of what this boy said about the judge but i'm thinking this boy is just trying to scare Jason so he wont go through with the claim. Is there any way that jason may lose this case simply because the original deal was for parts only? Because he really can not aford to go through all this just to get stuck with court fees and still have no title. Any advice would be helpful. The 60 days are up on feb 16th then we need to decide if it's worth taking him to court or just trying to come up with the $400 somehow, which is pretty much impossible for him.

Re: need advice urgent (bought a salvaged car)

well this is quite hard. I think it would be useless to take that matter to court as the fess are higher than the 390 amount unless you guys file another suit against that boy regarding damaging your name and fame

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
    X