USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

Sueing In Small Claims Court

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sueing In Small Claims Court

    A person who owed me a dept of $600.00 paid me by personal check.The check was post dated on 12/23/10 on that date(12/23/10) I made an unsucessful attempt to cash the check at her bank.At which point I deposit the check into my account.The check did clear on 12/24/10,however because of the tardyness,a creditor that I made a commentment to on the date of 12/23/10 has charged me a late fee.What are my rights as far as sueing her,and how much?What,if any are my chances in percentages? I live in Denver,Co.

  • #2
    Re: Sueing In Small Claims Court

    I wish to inform you that you can claim compensation for interest on delay of payment and your expenses which are directly related to the non-clearing of the check. However, the late fee which you have to pay is not directly related to the transaction involving the non-clearing of the check because the person who has issued you a check may not know about this fact. Hence, if you have informed the issuer of check that you will apply proceeds of check to another person and informed him about the consequences clearly then you can claim for late fees otherwise not. In contract we can claim amount of loss which is directly related to loss but indirect losses are not generally covered unless brought to the notice before contract.



    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

    the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.