Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease Non-Agreement: I had a friend of mine added to the lease

Just wondering what my standing is on the following situation.

I live in a 2BR apparment, my roomate at the time got a great deal on a condo and moved out 1 month before our lease expired, and he payed up his half, everything was fine.

I had a friend of mine added to the lease and the first roomate was taken off, my friend was slated to move in 1 month before the lease expired, but due to his lease at his current place, couldn't make it. During that month, he had got a job in a differant city and moved away, leaving me paying the full rent for a 2BR appartment. I still have a copy of the lease with his and my signatures, as well as the landlords. 3 months go by, I have been looking for a new roomate, but haven't found one yet, and my "friend" has yet to pay me any money. I've called him a few times over the 3 months, and he said he would pay what he could afford. I haven't seen a dime yet.

My questions:
    Is he obligated to pay half the rent?
    Is it my responsibility to find a new roomate?

re: Lease Non-Agreement: I had a friend of mine added to the lease

You have to keep looking but if need be can sue in small claims for rent in the meantime...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X