Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won Judgement but Defendant wants to make monthly payments

I recently took a defendent to small claims court in the state of Washington and won judgement against the defendent. The defendent has sent me a letter requesting he be able to repay on a monthly basis over a two year period.

I doubt I could collect the entire amount at once from the defendant. Should I refuse to accept monthly payments and demand full payment even if would require that I certify the judgment and start the wage garnishment process. If I allow the defendent to make monthly payments should I still certify the judgement or wait to see if he doesn't make monthly payments?

I know in the state of Washington you have to wait 30 days before you can certify the judgement but are you required to certify a judgement within a certain time period? (e.g. within 1 year)

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Re: I won Judgement but Defendant wants to make monthly payments

See Collecting on a court judgment

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X