Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sent money from NV to residents of LA who were staying in TX...which state do I file?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent money from NV to residents of LA who were staying in TX...which state do I file?

I live in Nevada. Friends living in Lousiana borrowed $3500 from us after the hurricane. They had fled to Texas. We wired them the money there. They eventually sent us a promissory note saying that they would pay repay us in monthly installments and the full balance by 10/1/06. We've heard nothing - they don't return our calls. Where do I have to file small claims at? There are 3 states involved although they were still legal residents of LA when we sent the money. Thanks.

Where they live or where the deal took place. You could argue it was consummated where you live since you were there and agreed there. Your local court may let the suit go through.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you - I appreciate the help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X