Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court hearings by Zoom due to covid 19 concerns, but I want the in-person hearing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court hearings by Zoom due to covid 19 concerns, but I want the in-person hearing

Right now my local court is doing hearings by Zoom due to covid 19 concerns, but I want the in-person hearing. I am the plaintiff in a small claims case.

Can I ask them to postpone the court hearing till after SEP 30 when in-person is supposed to start again?
    If so how is the best way to ask that or say that so that it is granted?

You file a motion for a continuance giving good cause for the motion.

Whether you get it or not is anybody's guess.

Comment

You need to explain to the court in a motion or request (call the clerk if you are able to discuss) what IS your reason for that.
      You are not computer savvy, the witness won't be available on computer, maybe you are sick with flu for a couple of weeks, or whatever common sense tells you is a sufficient reason.

You don't really mention what IS the actual reason. The zoom hearings work very well BTW and have the same general effect on everybody--it's still a court hearing with a judge making decisions that can go either way.

Comment

The judge will do what HE wants to do.

You need to adapt.

Comment

Just tell you r sick they will run like scared cats.

Comment

But be sure not to be untruthful. If you say you are sick and then somebody sees you out to eat that night, you will be severely reprimanded by the court.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)