Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prop 8 trial witness: Being gay not a choice (AP)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop 8 trial witness: Being gay not a choice (AP)

AP - Sexual orientation can be fluid, but the vast majority of people have identities that are consistently heterosexual, gay or bisexual throughout most of their lives, a social psychologist testified Friday in a trial challenging California's gay marriage ban.

More...

In this Nov. 7, 2008 publicity image released by the Sundance Film Festival, people gather to protest the Mormon church and their support of California's 2008 Proposition 8, a ballot initiative banning gay marriage, in Salt Lake City. The Mormon position on gay marriage is the focus of the documentary '8: The Mormon Proposition'. (AP Photo/Sundance Film Festival)

Re: Prop 8 trial witness: Being gay not a choice (AP)

Lawyers for two same-sex couples suing to overturn the voter-enacted ban called University of California, Davis researcher Gregory Herek as their final expert witness to bolster their argument that sexual orientation cannot be easily changed. The point is central to the plaintiffs' effort to show that gays deserve the same judicial protection as racial and ethnic minorities.

The trial, which ended its ninth day, is the first in a federal court to consider whether state bans on gay marriages are unconstitutional.
    I'm not a lawyer. The information I gave is based on certain research. Please review the information yourself to make an informed decision. Also, the information I posted may no longer be accurate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
    X