Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech school lied to me

During my touring of the school I told the admissions counselor i was interested in creating games. (pc/xbox games..etc) He told me that the program i wanted was not listed but that halfway thru my program (if i enrolled) they would have it to offer. (that they were actually in the middle of offering it) Also, stated that the courses they did have for their web design program would also be necessary for the Game development program I was interested in. So, he convinced me to take these courses and when the Game Development Program became available I would be ready.
    So, i ended up graduating w only a Web Design cert. They promised lifetime placement. Upon graduation they gave me a lead to work at a CD store!
    Also, during my semesters there, the FA dept had signed letters on not just me but other students behalf to receive our disbursements.
    I currently know of at least 4 other former students there that this happened to. Including the promise of lifetime placement and also that they said to us that our credits would be transferable. Which they are not.
    I have tried contacting the school over the years to contest my loans.(this happened in 2002). They would not respond. They have also now since, last I heard closed down and have now reopened with a new owner.

My question is basically, is there anything any of the students can do? And more specifically, is there a way I can have these student loans off my back based on the condition that the school lied and broke contracts and forged names? I haven't finished paying on them cause I felt I am not responsible. But, looks like I may have to in the meantime because it is screwed up my credit pretty bad. Which that was my choice, I understand. Just felt so pissed to pay something that I did not receive. Would Sallie Mae and Texas Guarantee review a case and do any investigation?

Thank you.

Re: Tech school lied to me

Pay your loans. Invest in a real education. Enhance your learning comprehension.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

I wish to inform you that you can claim compensation because of incorrect information provided to you. You can demand compensation based upon fact that you have invested relying on statements of college staff. You can calculate your losses and demand compensation accordingly. As regards other 4 students they can themselves start their legal proceedings or class action may be filed. Change in ownership may not change liabilities if college is managed under a legal form having separate legal entity.

AFF

Comment

The length of time that has elapsed (11 years) will make it difficult to contest anything now for statutes of limitations have run.

All you can do is pay the bill, maybe negotiate a settlement amount. And chalk it up to life experience.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X