Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sued apparently a few weeks ago by a neighbor for 1200 dollars

i was sued apparently a few weeks ago by a neighbor for 1200 dollars owed on a car I bought from him, and never responded or went to court.
    The court date was 2 weeks ago it seems.

What now is going to happen?

You can go to the courthouse and review the case file but my educated guess is that he got a default judgment for $1200 plus court costs plus interest. In all but a few states he can garnish your wages, in all states he can levy your bank account, attach non-exempt personal property, trash your credit and maybe even repo the vehicle. The judgment (typically enforceable for 10 to 20 years) can be recorded and become a lien on your home if you own one or on any future home that you purchase.

In other words, lots of bad things.

Comment

If you have a default file something saying you were sick or covid or whatever might be true...

Then file to set it aside.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X