Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about filing suit while in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about filing suit while in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

I am in month 38 of a (so far successful) 52 month Chapter 13 Plan.

Now comes Verizon with fraudulent billing practices and FCRA violations and attempts collections and credit reporting of a debt that I do not owe. I have solid proof that I do not owe this alleged debt. They finally assigned an Executive Relations person to review this matter last week, but she is about as useful as boobs on a bull.

I previously sued Verizon (and won!) for the same stunt BEFORE I filed Chapter 13.

Verizon is not a current party or claimant to my bankruptcy.

I know that I need to ask permission of the bankruptcy court to file suit against them, but from there I am going in circles researching. Is the bankruptcy court itself the proper venue for this suit? Is this a core proceeding? Can I also force Verizon to file a claim at this late date in my filing? Can I please get some solid guidance on proper procedure, or rules, caselaw, links, for this situation, etc.?

Also: My local small claims court does not allow suits for FCRA violations, so small claims court is not an option for me to file this suit.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Question about filing suit while in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

I wish to inform you that you can first send a letter to Verizon and describe about your dispute. If they do not reply then a complaint with FTC can be filed by you. As you are under bankruptcy therefore you can file a suit after permission from court. You can file in State Court and bankruptcy court may not be suitable venue for this lawsuit.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X